[Sca-cooks] Food on Plates Pieter Claesz

Nick Sasso grizly at mindspring.com
Mon Sep 12 18:35:17 PDT 2005

-----Original Message-----
Ok folks---

Picture One
http://www.nga.gov/exhibitions/2005/claesz/claesz_ss1.shtm

The question has arisen on another list as to the cheeses?
The fruits in question I think are mainly currants.
Any ideas on the cheese?
Johnnae>>>>>>

Given what appear to be sharp break lines in the cheese in the basket , and
smallish well-defined holes, I would guess a hard grating cheese.  If in
Italy, a grana of some sort would be a good guess, as in Parmesan Reggiano
or it's cousins.  Location and time would dictate the cheese identification
more exactly . . . sorry I could not guess more precisely.

niccolo difrancesco