[Sca-cooks] cornbread and bacon stuffing

Dianne & Greg Stucki goofy1 at suscom.net
Mon Sep 12 18:47:58 PDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alexa" <mysticgypsy1008 at yahoo.com>
To: "Cooks within the SCA" <sca-cooks at ansteorra.org>
Sent: Monday, September 12, 2005 9:33 AM
Subject: Re: [Sca-cooks] cornbread and bacon stuffing

> it comes out of the Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook.
> (the red and white checked one w/ blue writing--I know
> they update this periodically-mine was copy righted
> 1989)
>
> Corn Bread and Bacon Stuffing

This is very similar to my mom's stuffing, subsituting browned, chopped pork
sausage for the bacon, and I know there were no eggs---probably slightly
more chicken broth instead.

It is the best stuffing ever--my sisters and I are all married to men who
insist on "your mom's stuffing" for Thanksgiving, or any time I cook a
turkey! I had to learn to make something that was at least close, in self
defense!

Laurensa