[Sca-cooks] Re: sour cabbage - german recipe

Sandra Jakl kieralady2 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 13 15:29:53 PDT 2005

Ok, that is what I needed to know, and your comments
agree with what I've found.

:)

Thanks!!!

Adele de Maisieres wrote:

And the remark I meant to make earlier--  I haven't
found a strictly
period recipe, either, and I don't expect that I will.
 There are lots
of period references to sauerkraut, and some to the
general method of
production (which is roughly: cabbage is shredded and
put in barrels
with salt), but as far as I can tell, this is
something made on farms,
not in professional kitchens. A period professional
cook would have
bought it by the barrel, rather than made it himself.

--
Adele de Maisieres

Kind Regards,
HL Clara von Ulm