[Sca-cooks] Need Spanish suggestions

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Sep 14 00:08:15 PDT 2005

Gwen Cat asked:
> Im looking for information on period (any pre 1600s)
> Spanish.  I have skimmed through Brighids wonderful
> translation of De Nola in the Florilegium, and found a
> few possibilities, but am more familiar with German
> than Spanish, so Im looking for suggestions of
> FAVORITE or tried and true recipes for a lunch in a
> few weeks.

As you noted, Brighid's work is a translation and doesn't include any
redactions.

However, she and others have given redactions and comments on various
Spanish dishes. You can find a lot of this in this file in the FOOD-
BY-REGION section of the Florilegium:
fd-Spain-msg     (132K)  5/29/05    Food of medieval Spain. Cookbooks.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com