[Sca-cooks] meat cuts

Lonnie D. Harvel ldh at ece.gatech.edu
Tue Sep 20 12:06:01 PDT 2005

Wild boar. I will be getting 25 pounds of the boar meat. The roast pork
(my Saxon dictionary listed Eofor for both boar and pork) is pig and I
am using Boston butt for that. Different suppliers. The budget is tight.
The boar would be a budget buster except for the fact that I wanted to
cook it so I will pay for it if necessary. Without the boar, I am right
on $5 a person for the feast. I will be feeding 120-150. The boar will
take it closer to $6 per person.

The shoulder is $8 per pound and the trimmings are $6 per pound. The
difference is $50 for 25 pounds. But paying %25 less for significant
lower quality meat would not be worth it. Regretfully, my supplier rep
is not familiar with the product. He's never ordered the boar before!
(US Foodservice)

Cheers!
Aoghann