[Sca-cooks] easy bread recipe?

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Sat Sep 24 20:50:28 PDT 2005

Actually, if you do much less than a two hour first rise and a one hour
second rise, you are either using too much yeast or have the temperature of
the dough too high.  In both cases, the quality of the crumb and the flavor
suffers.  If I have the luxury of time, I will reduce the yeast and lengthen
the rise to improve the final product.

The optimal rising temperature for bread dough is between 65 and 90 degrees
F and it does best around 78F.  If your dough goes over 110 F, you're
killing yeast.

In any event, I don't have a usable garage or enclosed porch, nor do most of
the sites I bake at.

Bear