[Sca-cooks] trenchers and the "mini Ice Age"

Nick Sasso grizly at mindspring.com
Tue Sep 27 06:31:19 PDT 2005

Is this the posited hemispheric change that could have been caused by a
catastrophic volcanic eruption on a Pacific island in the very rough
neighborhood of 1200 AD?  I've seen TV shows and books mentioning the
effects of something like that going on and the evidence found in ice core
samples as far away as the north pole.  Some theories suggest it led to the
Mongol trek west across Europe, as well as other things.

So, it isn't so far fetched to think there could be some support for your
curiosity about change in food processes and practices.

pacem et bonum,
niccolo difrancesco