[Sca-cooks] easy bread recipe?

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Tue Sep 27 21:46:02 PDT 2005

Diamalt is diastatic malt, a type of powdered barley malt.  Diastatic malt
helps break down starches to sugars and helps feed the yeast.

Malt can also be non-diastatic, in which case, it is strictly used as a
sweetener.

I can assure you that diamalt is available in New Zealand, but it may be
limited to baking supply houses and large groceries with a large selection
of baking supplies, which is where I find it in Oklahoma.

Bear