[Sca-cooks] [OT][OOP] Pennsic Customs Question

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 28 00:16:24 PDT 2005

Another thing to consider in taking the train v. driving a car is that when you need a potty
break on a train you just get up and walk to the bathroom and you continue traveling while doing
so, while in a car you have to stop your travels and find a place that has one and hope that it
is a) open b) funtional c) clean d) all of these.  When you are hungry, on a train, you get up
and walk to the dining car or the snack bar and purchase what you wish all while the train
continues on to your destination, while in a car you have to stop your trip while you dine.
If you get tired, on a train, you just tilt your chair back, close your eyes and sleep, all
while the train continues on.  If you close your eyes while driving, you will have a nasty
accident and a) die b) get hurt c) wreck your car d) a combination of these and you will not
be able to continue on to Pennsic.

Yes, having only one arrival time is more problematical that having multiple choices, but either
way, you still have to be picked up or rent a car or find some way to transport yourself, your
family and your stuff from whichever terminus to the war site.

I just brought it up because most people don't think of trains as a viable option anymore.
I have also travelled once to an event by Greyhound bus, which took a lot of time, was
exhausting and didn't have many amentities.  I don't think I will ever do that again.

Huette