[Sca-cooks] Proper Kitchen Attire

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Wed Sep 28 22:15:25 PDT 2005

> So, I pose to you this question: What is the correct attire (generally) for
> cooks during the middle ages/renaissance and what documentation do you have
> for it (so I can replicate the data, not some big weird authenticity test or
> anything)?

Hm... try looking in _All the King's Cooks_ by Peter Brears, among other
sources. Also try the Manners manuals that were reprinted by the Early
English Text Society under the umbrella title _The Babee's Book_

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"'In this world, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.' Well, for
years I was smart. I recommend pleasant." - _Harvey_, by Mary Chase