[Sca-cooks] Proper Kitchen Attire

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Sep 28 23:49:46 PDT 2005

Odriana asked:
> So, I pose to you this question: What is the correct attire
> (generally) for
> cooks during the middle ages/renaissance and what documentation do
> you have
> for it (so I can replicate the data, not some big weird authenticity
> test oranything)?
>
> I am sure that this has come up before, but i'm having a difficult
> time
> finding solid information.

Well, yes it has. You might want to take a look at these Florilegium
files:
cooks-clothng-msg (36K)  3/23/03    Period and SCA cooks clothing.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FEASTS/cooks-clothng-msg.html
p-cooks-msg       (43K)  3/18/02    Comments on specific period cooks.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FEASTS/p-cooks-msg.html

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas