[Sca-cooks] catfish fries?

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sat Apr 1 18:18:22 PST 2006

Gunthar-Bob mentioned:
====
I was raised on catfish fries, fried chicken cooked in a 100 year
old dutch oven (my only inheritance), greens, fried taters,
tons of tea, mayonnaise and tomato sandwiches and southern barbecue.
=====

So, what are "catfish fries"? Is there supposed to be a comma in
there? I think not, since you also mentioned fried taters later. So,
is there a difference between "catfish fries" and "fried catfish"?
Perhaps "catfish fries" are fried catfish which are cut into strips
or nuggets before being fried, as opposed to using catfish fillets?

There is a story on the front page of the Austin paper today, about a
guy that caught a 43 pound carp in Town Lake today. Almost large
enough to serve at an SCA feast, by itself. Of course since Town Lake
runs through the middle of Austin, I'm not sure I would want to eat
it. However, I guess he doesn't have to worry about eating it. The
American Carp Society gave him $250,000 for beating the previous 41
pound record. That could buy a lot of seafood at a number of
restaurants.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas