[Sca-cooks] types of corn bread?

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sat Apr 1 23:50:17 PST 2006

Lothar replied to Muiriath with:

Of course there is:

Johnnie Cake, Pone, Spoon Bread, Corn Bread, and maybe
even scrapple.

 > Well then Jared you and my husband, Baron Colyn will
 > have to talk. He is also from Alabama.  Never knew
 > there were different types of cornbread till I met
 > him.
 >
 >   -Muiriath
<<<

Until some discussions on this list I wasn't aware that there were
two different types of cornbread, sweet and regular. Well, I guess
another type might be the cornbread which has red and green peppers
added to it. Anyway, I've heard of some of these which you mention
but I'm not sure I could tell you exactly what they are or how they
differ from the others types named.

So what are each of these types and how do they differ from each other?

Hmmm. Some cornbread, maybe backed in the cast iron griddle with the
corn husk shapes, and sliced and topped with some butter and honey is
sounding very tempting right now. Maybe tomorrow (ie: Sunday) if I
can find some cornbread mix around here...

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com