[Sca-cooks] Theft of reliquaries and wars

ysabeau ysabeau at mail.ev1.net
Tue Apr 4 12:24:24 PDT 2006

My daughter has recently been fascinated with history. She has
been studying Texas history and has several stories about how
Austin was "saved" as the capitol of Texas when people sought to
steal objects that they thought would give them claim to the
title. The same happened in county seats...

hmmm...come to think of it, a similar theft occured in Austin a
few years ago with redistricting...

so the saga continues even into modern day, just the items being
stolen to maintain power and to propagate into the future have
changed.

Sorry...but you got me to thinking and I had to think out loud...

Ysabeau

>This does bring to mind the various villages and towns in
Southern Europe