[Sca-cooks] Don't walk into the kitchen in your stainless steel armor

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Apr 9 14:51:10 PDT 2006

Maggie MacD. commented about stainless steel and thriftiness:
======
 > Ah, but you're a professional used to working in commercial
 > kitchens.  I
 > don't have either a stainless steel sink or table in my kitchen,
and I
 > wouldn't be comfortable doing that with a knife.  Personally, I
 > just use a little extra soap
 > --
 > Brighid ni Chiarain

That thrifty scot that in me forced me to buy a stainless steel ladle at
either the 99cent or Big Lots once.  I wipe my hands over the bowl of
the
ladle after cutting 30 lbs of onions or 3 lbs of garlic for a feast. The
surprise was that the ladle really is sturdy and stands up to lots of
solid use!!
======

Oh My! I have this vision of one, very surprised, knight walking into
the kitchen to tell the headcook that the tournament is running late,
and all the prep cooks running over to wipe their hands on his
stainless steel armor...

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas