[Sca-cooks] fishing nets

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Apr 9 14:52:02 PDT 2006

Sharon asked:
  ======
 > Yep. Apparently there's a group of folks into period fishing, both
 > with a
 > pole, and making various traps. Do I need to tell you where to go
 > to find information on that topic?

I would greatly appreciate that, and info on how to make the netting,
too if someone is doing that.
=====

For some info on netting, both clothing and I believe fishing, you
might want to try this file in the ACCESSORIES section of the
Florilegium:
netting-msg       (11K)  8/12/97    Netting for hairnets, snoods,
fishnets,
                                        hammocks.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/ACCESS/netting-msg.html

If you, or anyone you know, is interested in researching and writing
an article on medieval fishing nets, I'd love to have an article on
this. Like most folks I only know a little bit about modern fishing
nets, much less medieval ones.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas