[Sca-cooks] Introduction and a Request

Irene leNoir irene at chezirene.com
Thu Apr 13 17:43:46 PDT 2006

Greetings to the list,

I figure before I ask you all a favor, I should introduce myself.  My
name is Irene leNoir, and I live in the East Kingdom.  Technically I
live in the Barony of Smoking Rocks, but I tend to play with the Barony
of the Bridge.  While I wouldn't normally consider myself a terribly
serious cook, I can certainly follow a recipe, and I like to experiment
and learn in the kitchen.

I've actually joined the list with the specific purpose of hopefully
picking all your brains.  (I did search the archive, and found some
leads, but I'm hoping a direct request might yield more.)

It's looking likely that this coming Pennsic I'll be heading a crew of
people to serve a lunch for about 80 people.  For the group I'll be
cooking for, it's a bit of a tradition to have the lunches follow a
theme, and I'd really like to make my theme Provencale.  While I don't
think I'm going to use only period recipes, I would at least like to
see what I can find (and that I think I can get the fighter types to
eat).

So basically I'm looking for any suggestions any of you may have for
recipes (or leads on where to find them) for Provencale foods, either
period or modern.  Keep in mind that this will be at Pennsic, and I'll
be serving a large number of people.  So anything that requires really
long cooking times (like stews) isn't feasible.  I also won't have
access to an oven, so I need recipes that can be cooked on a stove, a
grill, or which require no cooking.  (Though if I get enough really
tempting recipes that require an oven, I may see what arrangements I
can make.)

I'm sure that there are other restraints I'm not remembering now - I'll
post more as they occur to me.

Any help anyone can give me with this would be much appreciated.

Irene leNoir
mka Jessica Clark
irene at chezirene.com