[Sca-cooks] Introduction and a Request

David Friedman ddfr at daviddfriedman.com
Thu Apr 13 23:37:06 PDT 2006

>So basically I'm looking for any suggestions any of you may have for
>recipes (or leads on where to find them) for Provencale foods,
>either period or modern.

You might want to look at _Du Fait de Cuisine_--there is a
translation webbed on my site. It's a 15th century cookbook written
by the chief cook of the Duke of Savoy, which gets it pretty close to
Provence. I don't know of any period cookbooks that are actually from
Provence, but I'm not very familiar with the 16th century sources.
--
David/Cariadoc
www.daviddfriedman.com