[Sca-cooks] Grown-up children, was: Re: Food-related Meta-Issue

Adele de Maisieres ladyadele at paradise.net.nz
Fri Apr 14 13:15:23 PDT 2006

Susan Fox wrote:
> Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius wrote:

> So, everyone else will get a great period feed as only Baroness
> Murirath can provide, while King Sloth-Boy gets the bread and cheese
> he wants. No problem.  Not nearly the same kind of problem child as
> some picky royals we have had in the past, who whined in public and
> would not allow their non-preferred foodstuffs to be at the same event
> as them.  That was ... inconvenient and undignified.

Damn the torpedoes, as a cook, I wouldn't tolerate that.* I mean it.  I would
absolutely put my foot down, publicly if really necessary.  No, no, no, no no.
Thank Heavens I've never had to deal with that kind of
spoilt, childish carry-on.

*unless it were an issue such as someone being so very allergic they
couldn't be in the same room with some substance without risk to life or
health.

--
Adele de Maisieres

Habeo metrum - musicamque,