[Sca-cooks] Caffeine. was Re: Cola with sugar was Semi

elisabetta at klotz.org elisabetta at klotz.org
Wed Apr 19 10:49:19 PDT 2006

Disclaimer: I am not a chemist nor biologist, and do not have the technical
skills to answer why to the below, but am curious if anyone does have the
answer.

I have read that there are different types of caffiene and that they
affect the
body differently. Tea, coffee and cocao all contain caffiene naturally, but it
works differently on the body. I do not know if this is because of the amount
of caffeine differs or other ingrediants within these items interact with it.

Coffee makes you go up and down. Tea gives you a steady level of alertness
(although not as alert as coffee).

Also beware of certain brands of orange juice and orange soda, where
caffeine is
added in.

Here are 2 pages on caffeine and the amount in certain products:
http://staff.washington.edu/chudler/caff.html
http://www.cspinet.org/new/cafchart.htm

:)
Elisabetta