[Sca-cooks] Correction on Silversmith's Cheese recipe ...

Christiane christianetrue at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 22 06:04:57 PDT 2006

In what I had posted a few days ago, I had called for too much sugar. Corrected recipe is below:

Formaggio all'argentiera (Silversmith's cheese)

6 to 8 ounces caciocavallo cheese
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 large garlic cloves
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon of sugar
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano

1. Cut the cheese into 1/2-inch-thick
slices.

2. In a large heavy skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Smash the garlic cloves
slightly and add to the oil,
and cook until just beginning to turn golden, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove the garlic
and discard.

3. Place the cheese slices in a single layer in the oil. Raise the
heat and add the vinegar and sugar. Cook 1 to 2 minutes or until the cheese just
begins to melt .

4. With a metal spatula, quickly turn the slices and sprinkle with the
oregano. Cook 1 to 2 minutes more or until the cheese is slightly melted
and bubbling around the edges. Transfer to serving dishes and serve hot.

Gianotta