[Sca-cooks] Re: Pleasant Italian fish recipes

Christiane christianetrue at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 26 07:00:22 PDT 2006

>  So, I look for pleasant, easy recipes that lend themselves to feasts -- does *anyone* do Med/Ren cooking for less than 50 anymore? :) -- have period ingredients & techniques that might help or inspire someone.  Fancy & complex I'll save for arts entries. :)

If you're grilling outdoors, you can do tuna involtini. Just take long strips of center-cut tuna, lay in a filling of breadcrumbs, a little a little oregano, and grated cheese, roll tightly, skewer, and put on the grill, braising with olive oil and lemon juice. This might be a particularly good recipe for an outdoor event if you have access to a grill.

Is it period? Possibly. Is it good? Definitely.

Gianotta