[Sca-cooks] Non-feast cooking

ysabeau ysabeau at mail.ev1.net
Wed Apr 26 09:32:31 PDT 2006

Actually, I don't really do feasts...I do lunches and dinner for a
small group of friends at events where there is no feast or lunch
served. Just recently, I served a dinner for 9 people at an event
where the only other option was the fast food places down the
road. It allowed us to stay on site, enjoy a good meal without
losing the "feeling" and continue on to bardic. It was a pleasant
time had by all. It wasn't fancy with a lot of removes...but what
I would imagine a typical dinner would be that wasn't a "feast".
We a middle-eastern theme - Beef with Leeks, Many Jeweled Rice,
and Strawberries in Snow for dessert. I ended up using Cool Whip
for the snow because two of the people attending have egg
allergies and I couldn't find a period "whipped cream" recipe that
didn't use them. No fear of finding anything real in Cool Whip!

The menu was period but I didn't do the original redaction...but
being a cook I couldn't resist adding my own interpretation to it.
I prepared most of it off site and just warmed it up at the site
on my Coleman grill.

Ysabeau

Sent via the EV1 webmail system at mail.ev1.net