[Sca-cooks] Non-feast cooking

Anne-Marie Rousseau dailleurs at liripipe.com
Wed Apr 26 09:48:05 PDT 2006

hey all from Anne-Marie
we are asked:

I feel like Taillevent here:
"and of feasts not for the multitudes, every housewife knows the preparation of these and so
they are not mentioned here" ;)

I think we all do med/renn cooking for groups as small as ourselves (mmm. chicken/apple salad
for lunch...), to dinenr for family and friends. I know personally I routinely will feed a
camp of 8-16 people at events with medieval food.

and of course, there's the random medieval dish that I fed my modern family at thanksgiving
and now my mom always asks for it "but we HAVE to have the pea thing! its traditional!"
(referring to the le menagier basic prep of pea pods and bacon that I tossed in as an
afterthought a few years ago...)

maybe when we talk about accomplishments it only occurs to us to share the big stuff here.
which is too bad :). these days I do alot more "hmm. dinner. maybe I'll try that new sauce
from casteau for my chicken breast?" these days anyway....

--AM