e: [Sca-cooks] A pleasant Italian Fish recipe

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Apr 30 23:39:05 PDT 2006

Jadwiga commented:

 >   I figure that so many period cookbooks have been published,
 > distributed, dissected, redacted and wrestled with in Med/Ren
 > groups around the country that there isn't too much 'new under the
 > sun', so to speak.

*giggle* You might want to spend some time watching us all dissect and
redact a recipe online. Every new redaction is a new one under the sun,
and there are a lot of new recipes becoming available every month, as
various people translate them.
<<<<

Oh yes. Duriel, you are new here. A couple of years ago this list,
discussed one of the only two medieval recipes (at the time, we
thought it was the only one) which came with an illustration of the
recipe. Should be easy, right?

This is a *summary* of those discussions:
cuskynoles-msg    (44K)  8/21/00    A medieval fruit-filled pasta dish.

(We don't even want to talk about the discussion my Christopher and I
had in the kitchen about the cooking method and order in "A Pottage of
Raysons", which he redacts as a raisiny cooked apple sauce . . . two
cooks, three or four opinions... *grin*)
<<<<

Oh? And what do you redact it as?  Recipe and redaction(s), please?

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com