Protecting Traditional Origins - was Re: [Sca-cooks]Hotoffthepresses: A new Feudal Gourmet pamphlet!

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Sat Apr 1 11:22:45 PST 2006

> Real Brunswick stew comes from Braunschweig and must contain 33%
> liverwurst? (I can't decide which is scarier: that concept, or the
> fact that I am not remotely fazed by the concept.)
>
> Adamantius

Aaarrrggggghhhhhhh!!!  I love liverwurst, but just can't picture it as
part of the Brunswick Stew that I make.  I can picture rabbit and
venison, but not liverwurst.  the recipe I have came from Chowning's
Tavern in Williamsburg, via a cookbook published by the Jr. League of
Newport News, "Virginia Hospitality."  If you ever get a chance to get a
copy of this cookbook, it's the best I've ever used...totally
non-period, but lots of traditional southern, specifically Virginia,
dishes.  It's the only cookbook I own that, if I need to take something
to a party or pot-luck and don't have time to test cook it, I'll grab
something from that cookbook to do.  My husband's mother gave it to us
when we started living together...and every member of his family owns one.

Kiri