[Sca-cooks] Weird Desert Weather

Dianne & Greg Stucki goofy1 at suscom.net
Sun Apr 2 16:37:49 PDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Pat Griffin" <mordonna22 at yahoo.com>
To: "'Cooks within the SCA'" <sca-cooks at ansteorra.org>
Sent: Sunday, April 02, 2006 6:04 PM
Subject: [Sca-cooks] Weird Desert Weather

> For some reason, and I'm sure there is a scientifically sound
> meteorological
> explanation, in Monsoon season in Central and Southern Atenveldt, if it
> doesn't rain before dark, usually all you get is lightening and wind.
> That's the only place I've actually seen mud falling from the sky, by the
> ton.

I will never forget my first sandstorm. I was a VERY young bride from
Michigan (eighteen) and my now-ex husband had spent much of his childhood in
Arizona. I was standing at the door of our home, utterly fascinated by the
*brown* sky, and he was yanking at my arm to get back in the house. (Gee, I
wonder why my dad worries about me still in extreme weather situations...) I
just thought it was amazing!

My favorite apartment there, though, was the one with the big picture window
that faced west over the mountains. Hands down the most fabulous sunsets I'd
ever seen, and I had a spectacular view.

Laurensa