[Sca-cooks] Weird Desert Weather

Pat Griffin mordonna22 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 2 15:04:13 PDT 2006

For some reason, and I'm sure there is a scientifically sound meteorological
explanation, in Monsoon season in Central and Southern Atenveldt, if it
doesn't rain before dark, usually all you get is lightening and wind.
That's the only place I've actually seen mud falling from the sky, by the
ton.  On the way home from an event in the East Valley, during monsoon
season, we had the haboob first, and while the wall of dust was still
passing, we got one of the monsoon rain blasts.  Had 18 lanes of traffic at
a complete standstill until we could get our windshields cleaned, lasted
about half an hour to 45 minutes.

Lady Anne du Bosc
Known as Mordonna The Cook
mka Pat Griffin