[Sca-cooks] Re: Congratulations Iasmin ;-)!

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 5 07:42:09 PDT 2006

> Now here's the rub. TRMs commanded me to sit my vigil and present
> myself before Their Court on the morning of Coronation on the 22nd of
> this month. On that same morning I am SECOND in command, executive
> sous chef if you will, of the feast for that evening. I'm thinking of
> delegating the vigil to a few other people to sit in shifts or
> putting a really big paper cutout of me on the kitchen door that
> people can sign with their well wishes. I have food to cook!
>
> Iasmin, Baby Bird Vigilante

Yup, SCA tradtion lives.  Here's your Pelican, now everybody BACK TO WORK!

There is much to be said for a "walking vigil" where well-wishes are
made during the day's activities as people catch up with you.  I was too
busy on the day of my "vigil" to sit around in one place, that's for
sure.  In any case, the kitchen can probably spare you for the Court
appearance.  Seriously.

Selene