[Sca-cooks] Re: Congratulations Iasmin ;-)

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 5 12:24:27 PDT 2006

It's funny about stuff like that. I remember being called out of
the kitchen into court and being surly and saying, "What are
you interrupting me for? I'm busy!" and being declared King's
Champion or something.

Another time I was the head cook for the Ansteorran Chili
Night at Pennsic and, as I was walking to the showers after
everything was ready and I was covered in grease and stains
and all that muck, I met the Eastern army parading down the
road in all its finery. At the head of the parade was Balfour
and Luna who then stopped the entire procession to talk
a couple of minutes with me. I'd been a Champion for the
East in the Champions bouts earlier. I felt rather strange as
Their Majesties in all their glory held up probably a hundred
people to talk to this grease-stained ragamuffin by the side
of the road. I definately got some looks at the party passed
by.

I think being pulled from the kitchen to be announced for a
Laurel or Pel or somesuch is almost the same as a squire
being knighted on the battlefield. A prime example of your
service.

Although I'll never see either I think that is the way I'd like
it to be for me.

Yers,

Gunthar