[Sca-cooks] Re: Congratulations Iasmin ;-)

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Wed Apr 5 11:06:17 PDT 2006

At 07:21 AM 4/5/2006, you wrote:
>I got my Maple Leaf (Principality Arts Award when Artemisia was still a
>principality) many years ago when I was in the middle of finishing the feast
>prep for a multi-course Middle Eastern dinner.  I do believe I came out into
>court, apron on and ladle in hand, and said something along the lines of,
>"What? I need to be cooking?" ;o)
>
>--Maire

Heh. When I got my Goutte de Sang (grant-level service award), I was in my
camp kitchen ( which was up against that back of court, and I could
see/hear most everything), cooking dinner for the Crown Princess. I was
cutting up pork cutlets to braise when I heard my name. Apparently I
uttered a "Sh!t!" that was audible in the back rows. I had the presence of
mind to put down my knife, but I was still wearing my apron (that said
'Chez Elaine' in gold glitter script on the front) and was covered in pork
grease as I went up the aisle, much to the amusement of Her RH and the
crowd. His Maj looked at me  funny, but gave me the dangly anyway.

Seems to me that being called for a service award is likely to happen while
one is, well, serving!

'Lainie