[Sca-cooks] Re: Congratulations Iasmin ;-)

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 5 21:32:19 PDT 2006

marilyn traber 011221 wrote:

>Well, Andrea's was highly amusing, at Pennsic this year ;-) She had been
>given her writ at a previous event, to get her Peerage at Pennsic, but the
>gig was, that she wasn't to be told WHICH Peerage she was getting- because
>she was getting both ;-) Eventually she found out before her vigil- don't
>know if someone let the cat out of the bag, or if someone (who was allowed
>to) finally took pity on her, but for those of us who knew, it was highly
>amusing to offer her congratulations, while not saying a word about which
>one ;-)
>
>Phlip

I don't remember if it was Andrea herself or someone else who told me
the tale.  Evidently, Their Majesties staged a mock argument just before
she was sent on vigil.

"We're giving her a Pelican."
"No, Dear -- we're giving her a Laurel."
"A Pelican."
"A Laure.!"
"Pelican!"
"Laurel!"
"Well, we'll just have to give her both."

Or something like that.  I wish I'd been there to see it.

Now that I think of it, it was Master Ian, the Viceroy, who told me the
tale.  He was rather gleeful about it.

--

Brighid ni Chiarain
Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom