[Sca-cooks] Funeral foods ...

Mairi Ceilidh jjterlouw at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 6 14:19:06 PDT 2006

> I know that Devra is out of country at the moment, but I seem to remember
> seeing a book on this subject at her stall last Pennsic.  When I get
> time
> (event bids are ahead of everything else today) I'll check her site.
>  Of course, someone with more time could beat me to it........and I
> could always be imagining the book.
>
> Mairi Ceilidh

Best way to find out, I imagine, would be to look at her website:

http://www.poisonpenpress.com/cookery.html

Phlip

Yep, but it was a timing issue.  I've gotten a bit caught up and found this:

Death Warmed Over: Funeral food, rituals, & customs from around the world -
$19.95
Rogak, Lisa. After a brief introduction on the history of food & funerals,
the bulk of the book is arranged alphabetically by country or ethnic group.
For each, there is a page describing funeral customs, facing a traditional
recipe frequently served at or associated with funerals or mourning periods.
Frivolous but amusing. Tr pb, 160 pp, index, biblio. Ten Speed Press

Doesn't indicate time period, so its usefulness for period use would be a
crap shoot if one couldn't look at before buying.  The "frivolous but
amusing" note scares me.

Mairi Ceilidh