[Sca-cooks] Kitchen Towels

Jeff Elder scholari at verizon.net
Fri Apr 7 21:45:58 PDT 2006

Actually wanting to make these for home, but not the terry cloth towels.
Towels that in the old days would have been made from cloth flout sacks.
I find that the plain cloth towels dry dishes faster and with less residual
fiber than most terry cloth, and the towels themselves dry quicker.  In
rotation I can have a dry towel available for use when drying dishes or when
needing a quick hot pad.

And I really like my expensive ones, but I tend to burn them, and dirty them
with quite regularity.  I do not know how many William Sonoma towels I have
ruined over the years.

I use duck cloth for my covers when rising bread, or shaping bread by using
them as a couche.  Simple and easy to clean.

Simon Hondy
"Cum Omni humilitate
faciant ipsas artes"
  -St. Benedict