[Sca-cooks] STOP TOP POSTING!

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Sat Apr 8 06:54:29 PDT 2006

On Apr 8, 2006, at 9:06 AM, Tom Vincent wrote:

> Well, that's part of the problem isn't it?  Shouldn't this be
> *everybody*'s list, not just "Papa's"?  One person gets pissed off
> and can arbitrarily kick people off, delete messages or shut down
> the list completely?  Shouldn't decisions (rare though they may
> arise) be made by the entire group directly or a smaller body of
> directly elected representatives?  Just a few thoughts.

Ummm... no. One person created and maintains the list (with help from
two others, I believe), and obtained the server space. That one
person sometimes has to make speedy decisions of the type you
describe above, but never, ever makes them arbitrarily. This list is
Gunthar's virtual living room. His house, his rules, and nobody who
doesn't like it has to stay.

What's pretty amazing is not the number of people who have come and
gone on this list in the [approximately] nine years it's been around,
but the number who have come and stayed.

Adamantius, who sees the violence inherent in the system, help, help,
we're bein' repressed

eat cake!"
"Confessions", 1782

Holt, 07/29/04