[SCA-cooks] STOP TOP POSTING!

otsisto otsisto at socket.net
Sat Apr 8 12:16:23 PDT 2006

Okay everyone TIME OUT!
As was said this is "Papa's" list, so his rules. This is how it goes, to my
knowledge, with all yahoo list groups. That the one who sets up the list is
ruler of all she/he surveys of their site.
Being that as it may, the issue here is that people are forgetting to trim
their posts. From my understanding a long post chokes up the digest folks'
boxes. I am not sure if Urtatim was also wanting us to stop top posting or
she was meaning that people need to look and see how many messages the post
contains and not just reply at the top and then send, but I think it is more
likely the latter.
My shout for a time out is due to a few post making statements that are IMHO
inhospitable. I do not believe telling a person to leave if they don't like
how thing are run is proper courtesy for a discussion on a list, especially
this early in the topic. There are a few exceptions but I haven't seen any
of those pop up with this topic. Telling someone to leave if they don't like
it tends to blind people to the real issue of the topic as well as closes
minds and tick people off.
I do my best to remember to trim and all I request of the digest people is
to try to have the topic in the subject heading instead of digest#***. We do
the best we can but we , at times, have a brain fart. Also, remember new
people join the list and may err a bit more then old timers.
So with that said, people can continue with this subject or let it go and
move on with cooking topics and do our best to remember to trim.
Thank you,
Lyse