[Sca-cooks] STOP TOP POSTING!

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Sat Apr 8 17:36:32 PDT 2006

Tom Vincent wrote:
> Well, that's part of the problem isn't it?  Shouldn't this be
> *everybody*'s list, not just "Papa's"?  One person gets pissed off and
> can arbitrarily kick people off, delete messages or shut down the list
> completely?  Shouldn't decisions (rare though they may arise) be made
> by the entire group directly or a smaller body of directly elected
> representatives?  Just a few thoughts.
>
> Duriel
To begin with, Papa has administered this list for many years, and, to
the best of my knowledge, has never been arbitrary on any issue.  I
think that, if you consider what he's said, he's not opposed to top
posting, but rather to people not trimming his posts.  Sometimes he's
had to be rather, shall we say, direct, in what he says, but I've never
known him to even raise his voice unless his requests are ignored.
There has to be someone in charge...and I don't think we could do
better.  Honest, I can't imagine him doing any of the things you
suggest.  Just so's you'll know, I've been on this list for about 4
years, save for a brief vacation a couple of years ago!

Kir