[Sca-cooks] STOP TOP POSTING!

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Sat Apr 8 19:08:51 PDT 2006

No.  The problem is forgetting to be courteous to others by not clipping
messages for clarity.  I top post, because I don't like searching through a
message to find the reply.  I usually retain some of the earlier postings,
so people have a reference point if they are lost.  But top post, bottom
post or scatter the posting through the previous post, if you leave lots
extraneous material, reading the posting is a pain (a nightmare when someone
reposts the entire digest with a one line reply).

Since this is a moderated list and Gunthar is the moderator, I assume that I
am sitting in a discussion in Gunthar's living room and he has the power to
set the rules of behavior.  I have never seen Gunthar act arbitrarily or
unfairly in his duties as moderator and I would hope thst should he tire of
them, he would seek an equally fair replacement.

As for democratic or republican governance of the list, why waste the time.
I'd rather talk history and cooking than waste time with politics that have
no substance (remember, Pug is the site administrator and Pug is Gunthar's
friend, so a practical revolt requires shifting the list and fracturing the
continuity).  We air our views just as we are now doing.  Gunthar makes the
ultimate decision.  Sounds fair to me.

Bear