[Sca-cooks] Seasonal, Local Sweet Onions;

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Apr 9 00:16:20 PDT 2006

Christianna mentioned:
  ===
You know, I thought about the stainless steel trick after the fact.  It
does indeed work like a charm, I teach it to students all the time.  I
can say that even after bathing the dog and taking a shower, I can still
faintly smell the onion residue on my hands.
===

I remember us talking about stainless steel being used to remove
onion smells before and that you don't have to go buy one of the
fairly expensive ingots of stainless steel. Any stainless steel will do.

However Christianna, you are saying that the onion smell still
lingers and that you didn't think of this at the time of cutting the
onions. Does this mean that you have to rub your hands on the
stainless steel immediately after finishing with the onions for it to
be effective? Or do you mean that you just haven't gotten around to
using this method after bathing the dog and taking a shower?

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com