[Sca-cooks] Funeral foods ...

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Apr 9 23:59:17 PDT 2006

Christianna mentioned:
  =====
I have had the opportunity (?) to hold a couple of period funerals, one
for my late husband and one for another dear friend, both of whom were
Kingdom Heralds at one point in their lives.  Below is the research I
cobbled together, some of it is food related.
=====

Christianna, Thank you for your notes on this. I have a small file on
period funeral practices in the Florilegium, burials-msg, and this
adds greatly to what is in there.

I would be interested in hearing about the period-style funerals
you've done for your late husband and your friend. I know many folks
in the SCA hold medieval or medieval-style weddings (my wife and I
did), and I've heard stories of folks being buried in SCA garb and
armor and such, but never heard anything definite.

Who knows? Maybe I'll wish that for myself. Or maybe I'll tire of
this SCA/medieval stuff by then. I never thought I'd still be doing
this after 16 years.

Christianna, if you wish to comment, you can do it by email if you
feel this is getting a bit off-topic for this list.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com