Lists/Portals - was Re: [Sca-cooks] STOP TOP POSTING!

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Mon Apr 10 05:26:45 PDT 2006

On Apr 10, 2006, at 6:58 AM, Terry Decker wrote:

> Looking at the archives, the earliest archive is for August 1956,
> certainly an error in the message date stamp.

Since the message dated 1956 is from me, apparently, and I was born
in 1962, I think we can state with some confidence that there was a
system-clock thing happening.

> There are a number of small archive files, then a major archive
> file for April 1997.  Looking at the messages posted in the earlier
> collections, it is likely that all of them are from systems with a
> system clock incorrectly set.  I would say April 8, 1997 is most
> likely the first day of official operation.
>
> Bear

That appears to be the case; the 04/08/97 archive has the first post
in the thread on Saracen Sauce, and one from Gunthar asking members
to spread the word that this list exists. He adds he had already
posted about it to the East Kingdom listserv (which is where I heard
about it).

Okay... Happy Ninth Birthday (give or take a few days), SCA-Cooks!

Adamantius

eat cake!"
"Confessions", 1782

Holt, 07/29/04