[Sca-cooks] Cooking Feasts without a Kitchen

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 10 12:20:44 PDT 2006

>Actually, telling them they're crazy sounds like a good plan to me.
>Honestly, I can't imagine what an event steward is thinking when they pick
>out a site with no kitchen, don't allow for some serious equipment hire and
>want to have a feast.
>
>Adele d'M

I'm sorry but I just had to laugh at this. I guess I'm just too
much the old timer. I'm more used to no kitchen or barely
adequate facilities than not.

My first feast was the Barony of Namron's 10th Anniversary and was
lucky that I had an indoor hall with a stove.
I've done several feasts for over 100 in a pasture without even water.
The Pennsic Chili Party usually serves 300 - 500 people in an open field.
The Atenveldt Coronation feast was held under a sunshade at Estrella
Park and served, I believe, 150.

Trust me, you can put on an elegant feast at this site with a bit
of creativity. It's doable and I think you will have fun with the
challenge.

Remember, we're here to help.

Yers,

Gunthar