[Sca-cooks] Cooking Feasts without a Kitchen

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 10 13:05:59 PDT 2006

Kiri wrote;

>What she said...especially for a Coronation!  Usually, you want to do something really fancy/spiffy for these kinds of things.  I could see it for a Crown Tourney, where the emphasis is on fighting...do a warm, hearty stew, a few veggies, some bread, cheese, fruit...and maybe some sweets.  But not for Coronation!

I'm beginning to mull over the notion of pizza and where can we get 300
non-tomato pizzas delivered in West L.A.  If the king ain't happy, ain't
nobody happy, n'est-ce pas?

>Those cajun cookers Papa G referred to in his message are a godsend.  We call them "flame-throwers", but it's the same thing.  They give you the power you need to be able to heat large quantities of stuff.  And the "seal-a-meal" things are wonderful as well...we use them for Pennsic instead of the large containers I used to carry with stews, etc., in them and it makes reheating and cleanup SO much easier.

Got both of these.  I've offered them up, as well as a nice outdoor
pavilion and washing station. The former, well it's not like we need to
sleep in it, plenty of room and walls that shelter period eyes from
modern necessities.  The latter is based around big-ass stock pots, of
which I 've got three, and a dedicated propane stove for heating up the
wash water.  All we need is a legal grey water dump and I'm ready to
rock and roll.