Lists/Portals - was Re: [Sca-cooks] STOP TOP POSTING!

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Mon Apr 10 13:21:16 PDT 2006

> Thanks!  What I was thinking about was a wiki-type of portal, where
> people could post recipes, photos, images, redactions, links to
> merchants, etc., that would be much more than just a discussion board or
> e-mail list.

It seems to me that your idea for a wiki for SCA cooking is quite good.
I think it could be a very helpful addition to the existing resources.
However, given the great diversity of opinion out there about the SCA in
general and medieval cookery in specific, some sort of administrator
board might need to be established, as there is at Wikipedia, to do a
little quality oversight when necessary. Somehow I doubt that having
someone go through the entire wiki and write "medieval cookery sux" on
every page would be helpful, and it would certainly be a problem to fix.

Doc, whose medievalcookery.com is such a useful site, has taken the
initiative to apply some technology to our subject area.

If you have a good idea, and I think this one is, for an additional
source of information, you can probably get assistance with it if you
write up a plan and approach people in an non-confrontative way, as
providing an additional service.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"America was not built on fear. America was built on courage, on
imagination and an unbeatable determination to do the job at hand."
	-- Harry S. Truman