[Sca-cooks] Semi-OT: So... guten Pesach to them as does it...

Cat Dancer pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Wed Apr 12 11:12:52 PDT 2006

>>> Is anyone doing anything special food-wise, either for a Seder or just
>>> because?
>>>
>>> Adamantius, attending soembody's Seder, may slice gravlax but otherwise no
>>> cooking
>>
>> The husband is running a Seder at a friend's house--I have class. He did,
>> however, acquire K for P Coke and I have a six-pack all to myself.
>> *chortles with glee*
>
> Oh, cool! Real cane sugar Coke???

Yep. Although one of the groups of Rabbis has apparently decided that corn
syrup can't ferment so the regular stuff is technically ok as well...

The kosher grocery had it.

> You might look for RC Draft in the long-necked bottles, if you ever have
> trouble finding the appropriate Coke.

Not around here, I don't think. But, the Twin Cities aren't that far from
Canada, where Coke has sugar like it properly ought to. There's a lively
trade in caffeinated beverages over the border--Mt. Dew for Coke.

> I'm not normally a soda-drinker; carbonated water is generally something to
> serve on the side of a shot of Scotch, but a real cane-sugar cola is a good
> thing once in a while...

I only drink diet soda with Splenda these days, and that only
occasionally. Scotch I drink neat. The cane-sugar Coke is a rare luxury,
which is a good thing since I really don't need the extra calories.

> Adamantius

I was thinking that lunch would be K for P if it didn't have the lentils,
but then I remembered that I made the chicken curry with yogurt. So, not.
Oh well.

Margaret FitzWilliam