Food-related Meta-Issue -- was, Re: [Sca-cooks] Cola with sugar was Semi-OT: So... guten Pesach to themas does it...

Mairi Ceilidh jjterlouw at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 13 08:36:23 PDT 2006

Master A,

May I quote you?  What you have said here fits perfectly into a paper I am
currently writing.  Actually, it started as notes for a class on documenting
feasts (heaven forbid!), but has taken on a life of its own, and is heading
toward an article for some daring publication somewhere.

(Full credit given, of course.)

Mairi Ceilidh

Without getting all critical, especially since I'm hearing these
reports second-and-third-hand, how do people feel about the example
of a Crown Prince who will eat only cheese pizza?

How would they react to me if I said period garb is fine for other
people, but I'll only wear blue jeans and Air Jordans at events?

I could see if there were so many massive food allergies involved
that this was one of the few clearly safe options, but I'm not
getting the impression that that's the deal in this case...

Again, I'm not really trying to be critical here, but lately, given a
lot of what's been going on in my own Kingdom lately, I and some
others I know have been giving a great deal of thought as to what
we'd look for in a fighter we'd like to see entering the Crown
Tourney lists. Should a willingness to play the game in most or all
of its aspects (and I would submit having an acceptable dietary
repertoire of one dish might be argued to constitute such an
unwillingness) be considered by Royalty reading letters of intent?

Adamantius

eat cake!"
"Confessions", 1782

Holt, 07/29/04