Food-related Meta-Issue -- was, Re: [Sca-cooks] Cola with sugar was Semi-OT: So... guten Pesach to them as does it...

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Thu Apr 13 13:56:48 PDT 2006

> I think it's disgraceful, but that's what you get when you choose 'leaders' by combat skills alone instead of by leadership skill and reflection of preferred Medieval/Renaissance presence.  Pick leaders that present themselves as positive role models and accurately portray period royals.

*snork* of course, when you read history you find that there's a
reasonable cross-section of rulers just as distributedly dorky as ours;
except all SCA kings have one thing in commmon that period kings didn't
have in common: skill at single combat.

After all, the point of a king's champion is that the king doesn't HAVE
to be the best in the whole kingdom at single combat.

I know of a certain SCA Royal who was an excellent military leader, a
good fighter, had a cadre of loyal guards who obeyed his every whim, a
queen who kept court in period state-- and a kingdom full of enemies
because he (along with some of his associates) was a very period-style
Royal jerk. (I give him credit that when he was on the throne he tried
not to be a jerk.)

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"America was not built on fear. America was built on courage, on
imagination and an unbeatable determination to do the job at hand."
	-- Harry S. Truman