Food-related Meta-Issue -- was, Re: [Sca-cooks] Cola with sugar was Semi-OT: So... guten Pesach to them as does it...

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Thu Apr 13 14:02:17 PDT 2006

> So, for example, it's my opinion that the squire in the household of
> one of our recent kings, who sidled up to a friend of mine at 12th
> Night and informed her (she being a Laurel, a Pelican, one of the two
> senior territorials by precedence in my Kingdom, and founder or co-
> founder of several guilds, our company of waterbearers, and our
> company of archers) that you were NOTHING in this group if you
> weren't a currently active and high-level fighter, needs to be taken
> behind the woodshed by those he considers authority figures and given
> the spanking his daddy obviously never gave him. I'd like to think
> that prospective candidates for Royalty in my Kingdom might be the
> ones to give it.

Everyone feels that way. But it's amazing how each person's favorite
Royals seem to harbor boys and girls who behave that way; some of them
are their co-reigners. And of course it's not only just fighters; there
are the peerage snobs, the courtier snobs, the whatever-snobs all over
the place. And no matter who takes who out back behind the woodshed,
there's someone to complain bitterly of abuse. I do it myself. :)

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"America was not built on fear. America was built on courage, on
imagination and an unbeatable determination to do the job at hand."
	-- Harry S. Truman