[Sca-cooks] Preserved Lemon recipes?

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 14 10:38:32 PDT 2006

You know, I was actually thinking of pointing you out
directly. If anyone on this list knows about them it
would be you or HG Cariadoc.

>I've got a jar myself, and i have used the rinsed off and cut up peel and
>pulp tossed with lightly steamed broccoli and strips of sun-dried tomatoes
>in olive oil. I also use the intensely salty liquid instead of lemon-salt
>on pork and pot roast and chicken...

Cool ideas. Thanks. I love the lemons but just needed some
prodding.

Putting some chicken in a bag with a chopped up lemon and
some herbs for a bit and then broiling...
Rubbing one over the surface of a chicken and then putting
in the cavity with garlic, onion and celery then roasting.

Steaming fish over a pot of water with the lemons, herbs
and white wine in it.

Making a pot of lentils with a spicy sausage or pork and a bit
of the lemon.

Chopping up some of the lemon and tossing on coals with
salmon or swordfish is grilling. With some lemon in the oil
that is being brushed on.

Salad dressing....
I like the steamed veggies bit as well.
Okay, the juices are beginning to flow now.

Thanks!