[Sca-cooks] Introduction and a Request

Irene leNoir irene at chezirene.com
Fri Apr 14 16:14:20 PDT 2006

Hiya,

First, many many thanks to all of you who have responded so far.
You've all provided some great sounding leads, and I look forward to
pursuing and perusing them.

Quoting myself:
 > I'm sure that there are other restraints I'm not remembering
 > now - I'll post more as they occur to me.

Both more recollections of restraints, and other assorted points...

* As I'm not really experienced with working with period recipes or
cookbooks (or whatever they called them), if you make mention of a
particular manuscript, I'd much appreciate it if you could point me to
where I might find it online (if available).  Otherwise I'm not sure
when or how I'll have a chance to try to hunt it down.

* A couple of people have mentioned fish dishes.  I appreciate you
thinking of them, but I think I'm going to have to pass on all fish.
(First, much as I love seafood, I'm just not sure how well it will fly
with my household of mostly fighter types.  Second, being from
practically the coast of Massachusetts, I'm not too keen on the idea of
what the quality of fish in oh-so-very landlocked Pennsylvania will be
like.)

* Yes, if you have modern Provencale recipes you'd like to share, I'd
love to see them.  If you don't want to bother to type them in, I'd
also appreciate just a pointer to a cookbook title and author.  (Or if
you want to give the name and/or  brief description of a recipe first
before you type it, I can let you know whether it sounds like something
I could use.)

* I have plans for a soteltie dessert that will require a cake of some
sort.  If necessary, I can go with a recipe that isn't really
Provencale.  But if anyone has any cake recipe ideas I'd love to hear
them.  (Otherwise I'll probably just do some sort of orange flavored
cake, maybe with bits of candied orange peel in the batter.)

* In addition to the soteltie, I'd like to offer some sort of fruit
plate or fruit salad.  Any ideas?

* I only have modern recipes so far, but in case anyone is interested,
my menu will definitely be including Salade Nicoise and Ratatouille.

I'm sure I'll think of more as people respond.

And many thanks again for everyone who is helping with this.

Irene leNoir
mka Jessica Clark
irene at loudzen.com
www.loudzen.com/users/jessica